View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2011, 03:52 PM   #489
Liquidtoon
ninjette.org member

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

a busy day

So the ups man showed up the other day with a look on his face like I had kicked his cat. . .
I guess he wasn't as happy as I was to see all the things he was carrying.
box 1: full Jardine rt-5 system.
box 2: a lovely sunbeam read Hotbodies undertail
box 3: a dark smoke double bubble wind screen
box 4: parts to re-locate lic plate to swing arm

like a kid on Christmas I dashed out to put it all on.

Quickly the enjoyment ran out, the rubber to hold the nuts in place on the bottom of the windscreen had torn and took better than half the day to get them on without tearing the entire front of the bike apart. In hind sight I should have it would have saved me a lot of time and a head ache.

Next went on the exhaust quick and easy, everything fit so great, super fast install. Rather loud for my tastes guess I will have to order the qmi for it but for the great sale they had on this I love it. I even tossed in my hid high beam that I had been putting off doing since I had the covers off anyway.

Next, the rear end, I was a bit hesitant because I was trying to do the entire thing without cutting. I sure needed more hands but it went ok, some sag by the extra plastic that I didn't remove. It still has a little gap, the picture makes it look larger than it is, but I added 2 screws in the existing holes and it hardly noticeable compared to the normal gap that exists with the cowl.

I also did the license plate while I was here, little tricky getting power for the lights down there but not to bad.(hopefully it meets Ca. regulations, doubt it but only one way to find out. )

You can see the gap here, the angle makes it look bigger than it is. But for not having to cut or drill any part of the stock bike I am more than happy with the little gap.

These are the two screws I added. they are in the holes originally used for the old tail. I think from the bottom they are barely noticeable but I will probably order the color matched bolts online just to make it look more professional. If you click on the pictures above you can see where they go in at.

All in all it turned out about how I was expecting. Other than few snags and the volume of the exhaust I couldn't be happier.
Liquidtoon is offline   Reply With Quote