Old April 8th, 2013, 08:36 AM   #137
tubarney
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2010 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgentz View Post
How much does your crank weigh?

I originally asked falicon about how light they could get it and showed them your pic. They said they would not do that and wondered about how that thing actually balanced.

In the end, I got a great discount (I did not pay list) for my super crank and I am very happy.

My concern for where you lightened the pistons is the amount of load the pin bore sees, but I reckon you'll be ok.
I'm going down to Duncan & foster tomo I will get you a weight. From the photos. They only removed less than half of what I did. It did take me f***ing forever though. I think they said that it couldn't be done because they where lazy (crank grinding aint fun). I got quoted $1000 bucks just for grinding to make my crank look like that. Plus your piston are heavier (i think) because you have 265cc. This may be a reason.

I was worried about the fact that he removed the weight from the piston there. It should be on the inside chamfer of the pin bore, not the outside. He couldn't get the belt sander in there but, which is what they all use. I don't think it matters, I will ask D&F for a second opinion tomo. It only less than half a gram. My pistons weigh 138.52 grams.

You are a fair bit further along than I am. I haven't even started assembling yet. Waiting for bearings which I get tomo so I can start then, also want to get the rods double checked.

Is there any way to prime the oil pump on this thing?
tubarney is offline   Reply With Quote