View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #11
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
D, it's still a good idea for visibility on foggy mornings or rainy days etc. I don't ride at night that often, but I figured it was a good idea for all the other times I'm riding. It makes me distinguishable as a motorcycle from the front, rather than just a car with a missing headlight. I think that's why many new sport bikes have started doing those corner markers in the edges of the headlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
I have a flush mount that is dual filament but I'm simply ignoring the spare wire. Not even sure where to look for my gauge cluster light wire or how to go about hooking it up that won't be a pain to undo any time I want to remove the side fairing. :blink: it'd be cool to have running lights though!
You'll need to find wiring that is switched with the ignition. So the running light in the tail light, or the license plate light, or the gauge cluster lights, etc.

Then you'll want to splice into the hot wire (red usually) and add wires that will lead to that 3rd wire on the turn signals. There's already a common ground on the turn signals, so no biggie there. If you add some quick-disconnects, it will be just as easy to disconnect as it currently is; only difference is you'll have to disconnect 3 wires instead of 2. Do it! It will be easy and running lights improve your visibility at night, dawn, and dusk. I have turn signals that are single filament with LED's in them (ridiculously bright and overpriced ones from superbrightleds.com ) and I wired in some relays to make them running lights that flash when my turn signals are used. I think it was well worth my time.

Check out how visible they are, even in a horribly out of focus picture:

and from the side:

Sorry for pic whoring in your thread D
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote