View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2021, 01:35 AM   #8
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

sounds like the classic dirty carb synerio to me....
there is alot more to cleaning these carbs on the 250 than pulling off the float bowl and dumping the contents....
a complete cleaning is required to get these running right again once they start
messing up or your just fooling yourself !
the pilot circuit in the carb is usually at fault...make darn sure the tube that feeds the pilot jet is clean and will flow fuel...
if you don't want to mess with it and just want it to run pull the carbs and send them to ducattiman here he cleans them and will put them back to factory fresh condition, he does this for a living and he is very good at what he does !
and he is very reasonable on the charge to do it ! message him on the site here and give him the info... I am sure you can work something out.
.... I am a retired motorcycle mechanic ...yet it took me 3 times pulling the carbs before I got mine to even RUN ! and I am no newcomer to carbs by any means but these carbs got me ! their tough little things to clean ...believe me ! I know from experience !
pull'em and send them to Ducattiman here on this site that is your best bet !
Bob........