Old March 6th, 2018, 10:58 PM   #170
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
@Misti,
Sorry for the delay in responding, I was able to read your comments a long time ago (on my phone) but I have not had a chance to respond. This may be an advantage as I have had much time to think about what you wrote. Initially I was going to explain (again) how I had not ridden a bike, any bike, I over a year and that along with trying to learn a new track kept me from remembering anything I saw on the track. I really thought about what you said and I can see the advantage of drawing what little I did remember. I was running thru what I could remember between sessions on the track but had I taken the time to draw what I was remembering this would have cemented the data in my thick head. I will try this technique this season as I have not been to the Thompson track in a couple of years and plan to return as soon as the weather permits!

I have been doing lots of physical and mental training this off season and I really feel that this season will be the best so far. Really looking forward to this year on the track!

Thank you as always
Ant
Most excellent. Thanks for writing this and I'm glad that you were able to really put some thought into what you were experiencing and how it might help to draw the track right away. I'm not kidding when I say that I HATE doing this, but it freeking works! i was able to qualify for a few AMA events after only riding the track ONCE and I attribute it to drawing the track and taking the time to work on reference points were I lacked clarity.

I'm glad you are upping your training and I really look forward to hearing how your season goes and if you have any more questions, thoughts about riding skills in general.

I'm excited to get back at it as well. I'm off to Cali next week for 6 days in a row at Streets of Willow Springs, including the Race School. I haven't ridden in almost 6 months and I haven't ridden that track in nearly 8 years so it's time for me to step it up as well

All the best!!
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote