Thread: Z2 Track Days
View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2015, 10:06 PM   #6
ithaca00
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250 (street), 1994 EX250 (Race), 2008 250R (Race), 2000 250 (project), 1991 EL250 (a cruiser!)

Zoom Zoom is by far my favorite track provider in Northern California. There are three reasons why I think this:
  1. As Alan mentioned, there's always a bunch of instructors available for helping you out (go ask at registration or the starters area if you don't see any).
  2. There seem to be fewer assholes at their days. You won't hear anyone trying to impress the new rider or small bike rider with their credentials or shenanigans.
  3. SAFETY!!! They run the safest trackday that I've seen outside of AFM! I'm ATGATT on my bike and in my life so safety is something that I take seriously and appreciate when others do as well. I just had a conversation with a Z2 instructor who was making safe, but close, passes in a B/A group session and the owner had no problem reminding him of the rules and etiquette for that combo group. I'm routinely buzzed by instructors from other orgs...

Those are the primary reasons for liking them. They also have several instructors on 250s (Mark McKinney, Lisa Kinberger, and I think others).
AFM #867 (5309)
ithaca00 is offline   Reply With Quote