View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2023, 05:52 AM   #2
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
I had a really good class when I was at the University of MD. I don't remember the official name of the course, but it was something like "How to Study". It was really a course in how to get good grades. The main trick is to figure out what the rules are, and then follow them. From what you're saying, it sounds like the rules for you are that you have to know the material in the handbooks and be able to spit it out for the test. Not how to drive safely or any other noble cause.

Forget all your years of driving and riding experience and just memorize the crap in the books and be able to regurgitate it! If you have, or can get, sample tests to practice with, just go over those until you can spit out the "correct" answers.

When I was studying to take the North Carolina driving tests when we moved here from Maryland, the state had online practice tests. You could take as many of those as you wanted, and when you felt you were ready, you drove to the DMV and took the real things.

Edit: I remembered the course was EDCP 108B. I just Googled that and the course is still being taught, and is called "College and Career Advancement: Concepts and Skills; Learning Strategies". Funny it hasn't changed in over 40 years.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.