View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2018, 07:49 AM   #13
ducatiman
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle(s): '95 DUCATI 900SS/SP '07 DUCATI SS800 '19 HONDA CBR650R

MOTM - Nov '18, Mar '17
For the general street use 250 owner, i'd advocate setting the pilot screws and leaving well enough alone AFA jetting changes, provided you've got no extenuating circumstances.

Unless you've got access to EGA machine/dyno (really, how many of us do?) ...jumping on the jetting merry go round will require an unreasonable investment in time/effort, trial and error and perhaps even some frustrating guesswork.

Going forward...monitor fuel consumption (a good indicator of fuel/tuning maladies) Using an ethanol treatment/stabilizer these days important as well.

All predicated on truly clear circuits within the carbs. I cringe when bikes sitting for years are sprayed with "start fluid" in a desperate attempt to get them to run for 3-5 seconds. What for? Sitting for years, you should already KNOW carb service is required.
More damage can occur (plastic slides and rubber diaphragms, remember?) than good to come out of futile spraying with nasty chemicals that melt and warp stuff.

Remove and properly service, says I. Properly synch, set pilots then leave well enough alone.
ducatiman is offline   Reply With Quote