View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #112
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyWalle View Post

I've Messed with the screws from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 and it still feels sluggish to take off. It's like it's trying to catch up, and hesitates to go. Once it hits 4.5k it just goes and comes alive to redline. Also when it's cold if I apply the choke, Idle drops way low and engine cuts off, unless you blip the throttle. I might turn the screws out more, which usually means I need a bigger pilot
I think you have it backwards, But then again so could I.

Turning the screws out means more air, you need more air because you already have to much fuel (rich). 3.5 turns out is a good bit, are you running the stock pilot or #40? if you have the 40 in I would go back down to the stock #38. if you still have the #38 then I would make sure the needles are seated correctly and everything else is good, vac lines, slides, diaphragm's ect... if that all checks out, give a lower pilot a shot.

Other reasons I think your idle circuit is rich is you say choke kills it. Choke gives more fuel, since you are already rich the choke makes it even more rich and poof it stalls.
other hint, you say if you blip throttle it doesn't stall. By twisting the throttle you are engaging main jet circuit which in the 1/4-1/2 throttle range is controlled by the needle. Therefore getting out of the idle circuit which is to rich and causing the stall.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote