View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2011, 01:09 PM   #49
kkim

Checked with Kerry and he's a bit apprehensive about doing this based on the fact that the GB would be over by the 5th and if for some reason you didn't follow through, others would be affected as there would not be the 5 required.

So, to get around this, how about if the GB were extended to the 5th? Would that work for everyone else involved? Let me know your thoughts if you're one of the people that have already signed up.

With regards to the issue of providing a quieter version available in the GB, here's what Kerry is offering as an option.

These mufflers were/are actually very unique and were initially designed for a completely different (and much more expensive) project. They are a "Dual Chamber Core" design. Essentially it is a larger outer core (2.375") and a smaller inner core (2.0"). We pack the outer core more densely and with a different material. We pack the inner core with our Silent Sport Premium and less densely. This creates a unique tone as it attenuates the sound pressure waves between the chambers twice.

Now when we do the final assembly on these for the GB (assuming we make the minimum), we can actually make the inner core smaller (1.75") if they prefer. I did notice one person asking for quieter, so this will accomplish that. Whether it's quiet enough, I don't know since sound is so subjective to each individual.

kkim is offline   Reply With Quote