View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2009, 06:40 PM   #29
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Purspeed

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
I am 67 and have been riding since 1958. I stopped riding in 1982 because I got heavily into sailing. Got married in 1985, retired in 1991, and lived full time on our sailboat cruising the East Coast, Bahamas, and Cribbean. Laqst June I decided to get a bike. We moved ashore in 2004 and I rode road bikes (Bicycles) and opened up a shop. My wife was dead set against a motorcycle because she had a bad experience on one with her first husband. He would pop wheelies with her on the back. She is also convinced to this day that I will be killed on a motorcycle. I point to a totally clean driving record for both car and cycle. I have never had an accident since 1958 in anything. She is still unconvinced. My mother who is 96 and not senile, thinks the Ninja is great. She has been around a while and has wisdom. I guess the wife will just have to get used to it. She can always sail the boat while I ride--she is not into bicycles as well.
That is the most awesome story I have read in a long time.

"This is my Ninja. There are many like it, but this one is mine..." ~ Purspeed (ca. Nov, 2008)
Purspeed is offline   Reply With Quote