Thread: No Helmets?
View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2011, 04:28 PM   #49
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
Problem is that there are people that wont appreciate the helmet until they realized it saved their noggin. It's like a lot of members here that we pretty much say "you're an idiot if you dont wear gear" then they do wear gear and it saves their butt. At that point they understand and wont fight it.

If we dont force people to wear a helmet... either by law or by peer pressure, they may not get that chance to appreciate it.

Of course there are idiots that'll fight you on it all day long but isn't it always about that one life that gets saved? More is better but sometimes just one is good enough to let us survived.
It really all comes down to natural selection. We shouldn't force people to be safe, we should inform them of the dangers and allow them to make their own choices (smoking, helmets, seatbelts, etc.) If someone understand the dangers of riding without a helmet and chooses to do so anyway, well I say let them. There are people in the ICU at hospitals who are more deserving of said squid's kidneys.

I prefer to make choices for myself rather than have government make them for me.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote