Old September 18th, 2017, 12:03 PM   #18
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Just be careful out there on a bicycle.

I see situations all the time at look really dangerous to me - high speeds downhill in traffic with minimal protection. Speed is speed - crashing on a cycle, bicycle, scooter, whatever.

And all those bad drivers passing you all the time.

Hopefully you have good biking trails and marked bike lanes in your area. I'm not a cyclist, but that's the only reasonably safe road riding from what I have seen.

Skill and street-smarts help, but it didn't save Nicky.
I pedaled coast to coast at the age of 15 on a Huffy 10-speed and I've been riding bicycles ever since.
I've been around 2-wheel vehicles for most of my life, starting at age 4-5 when my older sister would carry me and my other older sister to school on her 50cc scooter.

Growing up in a country where 2-wheel (human-powered or motorized) vehicles outnumber cars allows me a different viewpoint.
Drivers who are used to having bicycles and motorcycles operate within close proximity of cars, 2-wheel vehicle operators have better chance to avoid accidents.

In the US, there is not a whole lot in driver's education to specify the vulnerability of 2-wheel vs 4-wheel, drivers tend to freak out when 2-wheel vehicles are "on the road" or get within close proximity for "lane-spliting".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Skill and street-smarts help, but it didn't save Nicky.
Nicky's accident is rather unclear what occurred, from the pictures and descriptions I've seen & read; the accident occurred due to excess speed for both vehicles.. unclear whether cyclist ran a stop sign into cross street with vehicles that are traveling at higher speed.. no skid mark on roadway from both vehicles involved, tragic..

Just did some research:

Nicky's accident
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.