View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2017, 10:16 PM   #1
jp8484
ninjette.org member

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Noob - Bike upgrade suggestion

Hey guys
I just bought my first bike this year (2010 Ninja 250) and new to riding as well.. Rode almost everyday until I had to put it away for the winter.

As a noob who is probably too excited about motorcycle in general (small dream of mine for long time so happy to see it materialize finally)
I been reading alot in different forums and watching too much youtube.. I don't want all that infos to fill my head with too much ideas. (Ex. being able to pass bigger bikes in corners one day.. haha)

I'm planning on doing small upgrades but wanted some opinions/suggestions from you guys.

Upgrade I will be installing: steel-braided front brake line (Galfer), R6 throttle tube mod

Already installed: EBC HH Sintered brakes, K&N Air Filter

Thinking about installing: Racetech front suspension springs and oil upgrade, tires (Michellin RS or something.. currently running on stock front and hockey puck for the rear), some sprocket tooth number changes in the future

I would like to make the bike to be more responsive and stable/fast around the corner. No tracking with this bike but mainly used as a fun toy / commuter. Not interested in exhaust or jetting.. unless adjusting current setting.. Hoping to turn it into a fun cornering machine that can double up as fun grocery run machine.

I'd appreciate any advice on the set up from you guys who have done it or have knowledge on the matter.. especially concerning the suspension set up. If changing out the springs and oil is good enough or should I be looking into GSX swap... if there's merit in going one route over another.. etc..
jp8484 is offline   Reply With Quote