View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2015, 10:39 AM   #1
ninja-turtle
ninjette.org member

Name: El Jefe

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki 636

ninja-turtles' racebike build (All the goodies!)

*This thread will be updated as I get around to installing parts

You spend your attention on everything you do and you don't have an unlimited supply of it. Fortunately, I've learned throughout the past few seasons that riding 600/1000cc bikes on the track caused me as a rider to spend much more attention on a variety of thoughts(brakes, corner, grip, bodyposition, etc) instead of being relaxed and focusing and perfecting one or two things at a time.

For that reason, I decided to pick up Ninja300 and dedicate the rest of next season to only that bike on the track and nothing more powerful than it. Riding a less powerful bike will allow me to have less foggy thoughts and focus my attention on certain aspects of my riding in order to better it.

In addition, I have plans to possible race with TPM 300 series
Ref: https://www.teampromotion.com/gp-racing

I purchased this 300 with the intent of immediately transforming it into a race bike. Having owned a cbr250r in the past, I knew the drawbacks associated with these smaller bikes and decided to invest most of my money on those specific parts (Suspension, Tires). In addition, I also invested in some others

I hope you enjoy my thread. I will constantly be updating it with new pics and information. Please let me know if there are any specific pictures you would like for me to take.

Parts list
Stainless steel lines
Suspension
- Front Andreani Cartridge Kit
- Rear Ohlins shock
Engine/Performance:
- BMC Air Filter
- Yoshi r77 Full Carbon
Woodcraft Clip Ons
Woodcraft Lever Guards
Stomp Grips
Rear slider spool
DID Chain/Sprocket
Sharkskinz Race fairings

After much research, I decided to ship to David at FastBikeIndustries for an Andreani Cartridge Kit install. Dave does awesome work and is very fair when it comes to prices. He's very well known in the US racing market and has tons of experience with working on some of the podium finishing racers bikes. If your thinking about getting your forks taken care of, shoot me a PM for more information.

Ref: http://www.fastbikeindustries.com/
FastBikeIndustries Service Form: http://www.fastbikeindustries.com/do...rvice_Form.pdf

*I've retained the stock starter and highbeam switches by cutting the little notch off that was blocking the clip ons from entering through all the way

-Woodcraft clip-ons
-Woodcraft Handlebar covers
-MotionPro Rev2 Throttle kit

The air filter cover is held on by 3 screws under the right side of the seat. Here is a picture of the original airfilter. It looks like the previous owner didn't maintain the bike too well. In addition to this air filter, I also noticed a bend in the handle bars only after I had removed the grips and the paint is in horrible condition.

Here's it's replacement

Yoshimura Carbon r-77 Full exhaust (not installed yet)

I will be running some Fuel Management for this setup eventually. During regular TDs I plan on running the MAP associated with this setup. TPM does not allow tuned bikes. Therefore I'll be switching to ZERO maps prior to races.

Chain & Sprocket

I don't think the chain and sprocket was cleaned & lubed regularly. The bike was also stored outside for a season, hence the rust and poor condition of the paint.

Replacement Vortex with 520 chain (not yet installed)
________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________

Suspension

Öhlins S36HR1C1L (Pending part)

________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________

Tires

Still not sure what I'm going to run. I'm trying to decide between the following

1.Pirelli SC1 front | Diablo Rosso II rear
2.Dunlop Alpha 13s
3.Bridgestone S20 Evos

Fairings

Sharkskinz ( I'll post a better picture later)

Last futzed with by ninja-turtle; November 7th, 2015 at 05:01 PM.
ninja-turtle is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.