View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2021, 01:57 AM   #27
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohng View Post
After about a month of arguing with the dealer I bought the bike from, I convinced them to replace the chassis, rebuild the bike on that new chassis, and supply me with new side fairings at no cost to me. Life is good. I'll be riding again soon!!
Why in Gods green earth would you demand a new chasse when there was nothing missing but a silly bolt !?!?!? you didn't wreck, you didn't die
your feelings were hurt because you discovered they didn't care for your bike the way you hoped they would..... If that had happened in my shop I would
have replaced the bolt and the cracked fairings if it looked like the bolt caused it and not the rider,
( which I seriously doubt a missing bolt there could crack any part of the fairing anywhere)
and if that wasn't good enough I'ed tell'em to go fly a kite ! and in the future take your business elsewhere !
all you guys cheering that YAH he got results, must realise he just raised the cost of repairs for you next time you take your bike to that shop !
the mechanic is probably looking for a job, just because someone complained
that he forgot a bolt..... no body died !.... but this guys screaming cost him his job..... it's real hard to feel sorry for a guy like that !
you act like they owe you a new bike.... they don't ! they owe you a bolt...that's all, but good business practices says they should repair any damage that bolt caused.... it didn't ruin your chasse... geez !
Bob.....

And I got sucked right into it didn't I ? too old of a post to bother with and I saw a new post so I read it all and never looked at the dates ! LOL
oh well.....
Bob.........

Last futzed with by Bob KellyIII; October 15th, 2021 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Additional information
Bob KellyIII is offline   Reply With Quote