View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2022, 05:02 PM   #49
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Exactly ! tense muscles will tire you out quickly but you NEED to be very observant .... if you relax in a car you'll fall asleep ! like my wife did.
or like me on the bike be pulling in the driveway and wonder how you got there.... I drove all the way home asleep on the bike ! that scared the heck out of me when I realised what had happened !
you can Zone out in any siduation and I think that is actually what happened to me... but it was a thurow zoneing out ! asleep at the switch so to speek
why I didn't drive off the road at 65mph I had no idea but I didn't some how I nagoisatied all the curves and hills and still made it home.... that followed a pictularly exhausting day at work and when I got off in the early A.M. I was totally tired and was not looking forward to the long drive home (over an hour)
I was on my DT1 250cc yamaha and I did 65mph with it all the time on the main road.... but at the time it was like all my life had been on bikes thousands of hours ... I was bundled up and warm even in the cool morning air
so when I headed home I remember getting on the main road/freeway and getting in top gear and seeing no traffic at all and just cruised home but I do not remember anything from the time I got on the freeway to the time I turned into the drive way..... that my friend is Deadly ! call it too relaxed
or what ever but that kind of Spaced out can get you killed , it only takes one deer to hop out Infront of you to end it all, and you need to be alot more aware than that !
.... a kind of tunnel vision occurs on me when that MODE approaches I've noticed through my life as I have done this on long trips in the car as well.
but now when I see that I stop get out and stretch and wake up ! then continue..... and it usually only occurs when I am extremally tired.
My wife just falls asleep behind the wheel, never sees it coming. I so far USUALLY do see it coming... but not everyone is that lucky...
the old saying if your tired get some rest BEFORE driving or riding a long way
holds true .....
... I remember driving back from Florida one time , the wife was driving and I was in the passenger seat.... i noticed the cars posission in the lane was off a bit and I looked over at the wife and her head was nodding and I said Tresa wake up ! and she snapped awake ... I said my turn ! .... munchies are the best anti-sleep thing you can buy ! but their hard to eat on a motorcycle !
HAHAHAH slim-jims work pirty good though !
Bob.......