View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2023, 11:31 PM   #16
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Thanks Kerry !
My new battery I got from walmart came today.... it's kind'a weird ! it's an igel
battery (supposed to be "better"!) but between the terminals there is a small LCD screen with a button.... you poke the button and it tells you the voltage of the battery ! I thought wow that's cool .... however it may or may not be so cool after reading the instructions. there are 3 modes to it, Normal,power saving,and power off modes.... and it's automatic
I am fairly certain that all this is just concerned with the little LCD screen
and NOT the main battery that it is connected to but they imply the Modes to the battery as a Whole.... which would be a bitch if that is the case.
....I've never seen a battery like this before and I like the idea of "just poke the button to see the voltage" that is super cool ! but if it automatically turns off the battery completely after a certain time laps.... that will render the battery useless to me ! so I am concerned ! but I THINK it just means the voltage monitor will automatically turn off is all... so that is no big deal at all.
Strange.... battery with a voltage monitor built right in it NOW !
it's name is ChromeSpro... i got it through walmart at a very reasonable price for the XR650L.... (a 9-BS battery case/size)
I mainly got it because it was cheap but it is a gel battery so there is no adding water to it.... you use it till it dies I guess ! LOL
there's still 4" of snow on the ground so I haven't put the battery in the bike yet to see if it will start.
I may take the wife down to see her Mother tomorrow. so if I do I'll be gone all day and won't get to it then either....
I am really excited about this bike ! it should be a bunch of fun.... as long as I can get it low enough to actually ride the thing ! HAHAHA !

Bob......