View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2023, 11:43 AM   #26
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well, it didn't snow last night ! and I am very happy about that !
I just came back inside to warm up a bit after I pulled off the primary sprocket to check it out and check the splines...their in great shape by the way... so that is a worry that is gone now....
I put on the 13Tooth sprocket and have the chain tensioners all the way to the max to get it tight enough to work that way and it's just right !
about the only thing left is the block off plates that won't be here for another week
and the cutting down of the side stand.....so I'm down to 2 things ! that's progress !
when the fuel air screw comes in I'll pull the carb and do a real good cleaning and replace the broke off airscrew and probably do the dave's mod on the carb slide for quicker throttle responce.....
I noticed when I was into it the first time that the jets (main and pilot) were the stock jets.... that is a good thing... but according to everyone on youtube they are jetted very lean....which is not good for an air cooled engine.... I will more than likely ream out the main jet slightly to get my next cleaner size through the jet and leave it at that and then do a plug color check.... as it sits, I expect the plug to be white or grey (too lean)
we have a heavy cloud layer about 1000' above us right now but it's just passing slowly over head looking threatening !
Mom is making corned beef and cabbage for dinner tonight ! I can't wait !
I think today is a good day to relax and take it easy !
Bob.....