View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2023, 07:16 PM   #39
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

ok I did see the SUN once today.... but we have a slight chance of snow tonight but mostly sunny tomorrow ! so I went out and took out the carb and put it in the shop on the bench.... I think I will drill out the slide with a 5/32" drill bit
(both holes but not the center one!) which is supposed to make the throttle responce better as this CV carb is fairly slow on reaction time. it didn't feel all that bad when I rode it but anything to perk it up would help.
I mainly took off the carb to repair the fuel air screw.... I don't know if that is a cap covering the hole or if the original screw is snapped off or what is going on there but I am about to find out I bought a longer finger adjustable one
to replace it with ...
I'll pull the sparkplug before I tear into the carb just to see what the burn is like.... I haven't pulled it out yet as it's like the Ninja and you have to take the gas tank off to get to the sparkplug !
Yah ! I don't know why there are so many stickers on this bike but they have been on there for years ...their a bitch to get off !
Bob