Old August 9th, 2009, 11:42 AM   #1
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
I'm a happy, happy boy

I picked up my bike last weekend and rode it to work four days out of five. Yesterday I took my first long ride.

I'll be taking a road trip later this month out to Indy from CT as discussed in other threads, and needed to find out for sure if this stiff knee I've got can tolerate a full day in the saddle.

So yesterday I pointed the bike north and rode. Got up to Ludlow, VT, some 200 miles away from home. 425 total for the day. It was a wonderfully analog experience...no computers, no radio, no electronics other than the bike's ignition. It felt sooo good to unplug for a few hours.

The bike is great for me. Perfect size, fast enough and with enough power to entertain me especially if I keep it on song. I'm even one of those fortunate individuals who doesn't find the seat particularly uncomfortable.. it's miles better than the one on the EX500 I used to ride.

Looks like I'll be able to do my tour, but I'm going to have to pull over for a sec every 30 miles or so to stretch the knee. Inconvenient and painful, but doable.

For those of you in the Northeast who have never experienced VT Route 100 you owe it to yourself. Great road, especially up in the middle of the state. This is the bridge over the West River just south of Jamaica.

Darned self-timer...I can't run, so this is as far as I got before the pic snapped. This (and a couple like it) are the only photos I have of me with the bike.

adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote