Old April 25th, 2016, 12:48 PM   #15
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
I was just looking at the Sena SMH10R, primarily as a bike-to-bike intercom. How would you rate the reliability/range of the intercom? It seems this unit gets a lot of really good reviews, but I read a few that said the intercom didn't work well for them. Is it using Bluetooth or another type of radio to communicate between the bikes (I would think Bluetooth wouldn't be strong enough)?
It uses Bluetooth to communicate between units. They claim 900 meters on the model I have. I find that a bit optimistic and only line of sight.

But I do love it as a bike to bike intercom. So far we have only done 3 of us in the group. It's great to have a normal conversation at speeds up to about 70 mph. We have talked at speeds faster than that, but it gets a little difficult with all the wind noise. For some reason my daughters unit seems to pick up more wind noise than mine or my sons. I think it has to do with how her mike is mounted and her helmet vents.

My daughter and I have the SMH10R and my son has the SMH10-10. My son does occasionally bump the dial on his when he turns his head and it disconnects him from the group. But a touch brings it back.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote