Thread: Oh my God!
View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2021, 05:05 PM   #8
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
how badly drilled out is the bolt?

I know you said you tried an easy out but the tip broke off, did you get the tip back out by chance?

If you still have any meat left to bite into I would maybe try drilling straight through the bolt and try a different type of reverse out/easy out. I have a few different types and sometimes one works better than another for certain situations. One thing I learned over the years using reverse outs is that I really like to use my cordless drill that has a bunch of torque settings on it. I like to start on a low setting and every time it hits the limit I bump it up 1 notch at a time. This really helps make sure you are getting good bite and not just going to strip right through the bolt you are trying to remove.

Either way, I'd just keep drilling it out bigger and trying a bigger reverse out until it either came out or there was so little bolt left it practically breaks and falls out.

Had a crank shaft nut on an old rm125 give me a fit last year, no idea how it was on there so tight. I tried everything to the point that I put enough torque on it with my breaker bar I bent/twisted the crank shaft. I ended up drilling it and cracking it off.

Well good luck

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote