View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2013, 04:46 AM   #12
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishdip View Post
The guy that told me about it got in a nasty slide doing about 50 and he came out really well after talking to him about his crash and having my dad killed in a mc crash in front of me after he hit a fence post with his back I new this was the vest for me. Yes you be better off with this in side a leather 1pice suit but the fact is its about staying cool so u can focuses more on the road and not how hot you are.
No need to get defensive. I'm sorry to hear about your father, and I'm sure it will protect to some extent in a slide. Hard parts always help. Hard sliders on my gloves saved me in a fall at about 35 mph wearing shorts and a t-shirt on a skateboard when I was younger.

I personally wouldn't trust an armored shirt that's designed to be worn off-road, or under something that's abrasion resistant, to hold armor in place after a slide. It's just not what this product is designed for. I'm not advocating the use of a one piece leather suit, I think the suggestions by others on this site are a little over the top. I personally think a textile jacket with mesh panels will do a much better job at holding pads in place in the event of a slide. There's a reason that 95% of the "mesh" jackets that are designed by manufacturers have solid textile fabric on the impact areas such as the shoulders, arms, and sides. We all need to make some comprimises when selecting a jacket. Obviously you have insane heat to deal with and made a decision that this will provide you with enough protection.
dfox is offline   Reply With Quote