View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #13
fishdip
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Fish

Motorcycle(s): 250/300

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
No need to get defensive. I'm sorry to hear about your father, and I'm sure it will protect to some extent in a slide. Hard parts always help. Hard sliders on my gloves saved me in a fall at about 35 mph wearing shorts and a t-shirt on a skateboard when I was younger.

I personally wouldn't trust an armored shirt that's designed to be worn off-road, or under something that's abrasion resistant, to hold armor in place after a slide. It's just not what this product is designed for. I'm not advocating the use of a one piece leather suit, I think the suggestions by others on this site are a little over the top. I personally think a textile jacket with mesh panels will do a much better job at holding pads in place in the event of a slide. There's a reason that 95% of the "mesh" jackets that are designed by manufacturers have solid textile fabric on the impact areas such as the shoulders, arms, and sides. We all need to make some comprimises when selecting a jacket. Obviously you have insane heat to deal with and made a decision that this will provide you with enough protection.
I will need to take some pics of it as its has like mesh/pading/other materal in the impact areas and looking at the dirt bike ones they are not built as good. Talking to the owner who makes the vest he told me he made it with duel sport in mind so going 100+ on the rode it may not hold up