View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:04 PM   #27
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I ran mine dead a few times though my own stupid mistakes (leaving the key in, for example) and I never needed to charge it specifically... just pop-start it and ride a bit until it's charged back up. Once I let it get REALLY dead and the tach was acting CrAZy for a good long time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
I used to have battery issues with my 1995 EX500. It tried to leave me stranded a few times. I got good at running as fast as possible with the bike in first, clutch in and jumping on and dropping the clutch lever.
You should get it up to speed in neutral. If it's anything like the 250, the bike has a lot of resistance in 1st even with the clutch in. Put it up on a rear stand, hold in the clutch and kick it into first and the tire will start spinning at idle speed even with the clutch held. You'll get a lot more speed and, thus, ability to crank if you kick it out of neutral instead of just re-engaging 1st gear via clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00v_Lucky View Post
thx for all your help guys. and my bike is back up and running. its weird. it randomly works and once again at school. it died but this time was back up and running in 2 seconds. this inconsistency of the battery kinda worries me =/
First that comes to mind is a loose/bad connector on the battery. Because of the randomness of the bike electricity working and not working.
And the fact that the dash lights are out instead of just dim. The battery will lose the ability to start long before it loses the ability to light your dash at least a little.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote