View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2015, 09:48 AM   #1
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Utah Saddlesore

A few days ago, I noticed that Friday was the Vernal Equinox. Yay for the return of Spring (since Winter out here was MIA).

One of the Iron Butt rides I have been looking at is a Four Seasons ride, where you do a certificate ride on the Spring Equinox, Summer Solstice, Autumn Equinox, and Winter Solstice. I figure why not, I like the challenge.

Took Friday off and headed out to the Border Inn along the Nevada/Utah border. While the majority of the building is in Nevada, the gas pumps and motel are in Utah. My thought was to do a simple saddle sore all within the state of Utah.

18 hours and a lot of Utah later, I was back at the Border Inn. Exhausted, freezing, but happy with how I did for my first long ride this year.

Start:

End:

Highlights:

The computer at the Border Inn has no idea what time it really is. Took way to much to gather extra proof of when I was really there.

My Gerbing jacket broke, leaving me poorly insulated from the freezing predawn temps. Luckily my heated socks were working and I had an extra jacket, but I was really doubting I'd pull this off a mere hour into it.

wheeee I-15 is 80MPH!

I had no clue that Fillmore, UT was the former territorial capital! So much for just a dinky dot on the map.

The mountains south of Provo, around Spanish Fork are beautiful!

The landscape around Moab is unreal.

The folks in Salina and Delta are super sweet and very friendly! Just what I needed as I was stopping more frequently to warm up.

A scalding hot shower at the Border Inn is just the ticket for the end of an awesome ride.

And finally had me an old fashioned drink at an old fashion soda fountain.

Salud!

Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.