View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2018, 07:32 PM   #42
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerdad View Post
No, I can't isolate the problem to the carbs so I want to avoid the time & cost of sending it out only to put it back on and have it perform the same.

I've cleaned out the carbs and set them multiple times, this thing is as clean as can be, not to mention it wasn't too bad to begin with.

I'd prefer to rely on the shop because they can look at the whole bike. If they incorrectly diagnose it, they won't get paid for unnecessary parts/labor.
I wouldn't count on that.

In today's world, carb work is not something that most mechanics are familiar with. Even if they knew what needed to be done, chances are they would not have the proper tools to do it.

From you initial description, I would say chances are good the issues are carb related.

You'd be surprised at how much it would cost to bring your bike in and say "fix it". Having the carbs gone through by ducatiman would be much more reasonable and would get right to the heart of the problem.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote