View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2019, 08:13 PM   #15
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

I'm a coach with the California Superbike School and our schedule for the year has recently been posted. While I'm totally on board for any kind of further rider training and upping your riding skills whatever way possible, there is a difference between slow speed riding skills like tight cones, figure 8's u-turns etc and higher speed riding skills like throttle control, body position, line selection and visual skills.

Make sure that the skills you are putting attention on learning will help in real life riding situations

One of my fondest coaching memories was when I was able to instruct two Oklahoma Highway Patrol officers on their fully equipped Hyabusa police bikes from my Kawasaki 600. At first they were like, how the hell is that girl gonna teach us how to ride better? but after working through the super bike school curriculum and practicing their throttle control, turn points, quick turns, 2 step visual skills etc, they were pleased to have made some massive improvements.

They even gave me a Highway Patrol coin that has been in my wallet for over 10 years now! (thanks for reminding me of the memory ).....

Point is...get training....all sorts..... and keep training so you can be the safest and most confident rider possible
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote