Thread: me Duc
View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2019, 08:11 PM   #47
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
It's 1999 748, had it for 5-years. Best bike I ever had up to that point. More crisp than VF500F.

Then CBR600RR came out with 50-lbs lighter wet-weight and 25% more power. Made Duc feel kinda... agricultural in comparison. Kinda like driving regular 911 in comparison to an F-40. Nothing wrong with Porsche, it does everything competently. Just doesn't have extreme screaming adrenaline-rush that Ferrari has. Did back-to-back at Laguna Seca with friend's CBR600RR and I was sold; 5-sec/lap is significant. In fact, all my fastest times at all tracks have been on my CBR600RR.

Tried getting back on Italian bike last year with Aprilia's RSV4 demo-day @ Thunderhill. Nope, didn't like it one bit. Even though it went 60mph faster on straights than Ninja 250, it just didn't have crisp scalpel feel of Ducatis. Too many electronics changing things around behind scenes and it felt like I was controlling bike with rubbery puppet-strings. Twist throttle and there'd be fraction-second time-delay, with non-linear response. Same with brakes, awesome initial deceleration splattering tear-drops onto face-shield, but additional-squeeze resulted in nothing (ABS says, "no-no-no, you don't want to go there"). Made it difficult to trail-brake into corners.

All these electronic aids for our own good, makes bikes not as enjoyable. Feels like you're being taken for ride on back-seat, rather than riding and controlling bike itself.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote