View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2021, 07:47 PM   #45
falonso0
FDA

Name: Fer

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2009 and Yamaha YZF R1 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Uh... you DO have problem with turn-signals, they don't work. You have to disconnect front ones in order for rear to work. And neither works when you have dash plugged in. I think that means you DO have problem with turn-signals.

Ok, show us picture of how you have ballast-resistors connected. Much, much easier to not install those and just replace flasher-relay with LED-compatible unit.

Also don't tell me you use crimp-connectors! They are unreliable and intermittent connections can be cause you more frustration as circuits will work some times and not at other times.

Link to original page on YouTube.

This is ONLY way to do reliable wiring connections. That lasts at least 50-years. It's done this way in pro-motorsports, military and aerospace applications for performance, reliability and durability. ALL other methods are not as good and will cause you problems much sooner. That is why your turn-signals sometimes work and sometimes don't work with dash plugged in. Most likely dash-connection is red-herring, distraction, not really related to turn-signals. It's the movement of connecting and disconnecting dash that re-connects crimp of turn-signal wiring. It may be connected now with wiggling, but it will fail again in future.

Fix it and make correct wiring-connections shown in video. There's never enough time to do it right 1st time, but there's always time to do it AGAIN! Often on side of road in total darkness and rain!

Sorry Dannon but it's difficult for me to write this kind of things in another language. I am not very good at writing English since I speak Spanish. It is evident that you are not understanding what I am writing. As I said before, the turn signals thing is not easy to explain for me. Thank you for being so patient!

Maybe in this way will be more clear (like a table):

Dash ON - Front turn signals disconnected - Taillight OFF - Rear turn signals OFF
Dash ON - Front turn signals connected - Taillight OFF - Rear turn signals ON
Dash ON - Front turn signals disconnected - Taillight DISCONNECTED - Rear turn signals OFF
Dash ON - Front turn signals connected - Taillight DISCONNECTED - Rear turn signals OFF
Dash OFF - Front turn signals disconnected - Taillight ON - Rear turn signals ON
Dash OFF - Front turn signals connected - Taillight ON - Rear turn signals ON
Dash OFF - Front turn signals disconnected - Taillight DISCONNECTED - Rear turn signals OFF
Dash OFF - Front turn signals connected - Taillight DISCONNECTED - Rear turn signals OFF

If you see the videos above, will be easy to understand.

No crimp-connectors, all are solded (I have only the resistor of the picture).