View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2018, 06:02 AM   #1
superman2coo
ninjette.org newbie

Name: superman2coo

Motorcycle(s): 1999 Kawasaki EL 250

Exclamation 1999 Kawasaki EL 250: Need Help, blown gasket?

Hello all,

I recently bought a 1999 Kawasaki Eliminator 250 for a steal from some dude saying it wont start and so I thought I could maybe fix it up.

First of all, the bike can crank but it wont start and noticed the warning light was on and that the oil in the engine was empty. I started to drain the oil by removing the drain plug with the filter, and just black oil came out and left it to drain. While its draining I checked the radiator near the fuel tank to find it to look empty of coolant. So I started pouring in some green coolant when I noticed it started to drip out a steady stream of coolant from where I was draining the oil underneath the bike, which is odd.

At first I thought this could be a problem with the water pump cause I traced the radiator hoses first to a water pump and then the water pump to the cylinder head.

So I have no idea if this is a water pump seal problem or a head gasket problem or possibly something else. I suspect perhaps due to a crack in the head gasket, coolant maybe flowing into the oil and mixing. Also pulled off the radiator hose going into the water pump to find it was full of oil (dont think oil should be in the cooling system nor the oiling system).

What could be the problem?
superman2coo is offline   Reply With Quote