Thread: KTM RC390!!!!!
View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2014, 07:58 AM   #137
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

OK so I did some research and found that the KTM Duke 390 is priced at $6490 and that price was lowered from the original "launch" price because of slow sales. Since most sport bikes cost more than their equivalent Naked models we can estimate the price to be mid $7000 USD. Since the RC is based on the Duke they may even offer it at the same price but this is highly unlikely. With all the top shelf bits on this bike and possibly more by the time it hits our shores (provided it does) it would be well worth the cost if the do price it around $7500 just because it will have the performance to back that price up, not to mention the brakes, rims and even tires.

Since naked bike don't sell as well in the USA as they do in other countries, and they did bring the Duke to America, I think it is a safe bet we will see the RC over here. The below 600cc market has been growing bigger every year here in the good ol US of A so why wouldn't KTM want to get their slice of the pie? I believe the RC 390 would be a great daily rider for me and a whole lot of fun for track days.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote