View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2018, 10:22 AM   #28
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
I'm trying to shift my mindset back to where it was before this experience. I would have preferred being able to get on my bike first thing this morning to completely push yesterday out of my mind, but my wrists are too sore. I'm going to hold off until next Sunday and go from there, starting from the beginning.

I know when I retake the class that I won't be using my bike. An exception cannot be made for my bike because any personal bike has to be 250cc or less. From what I learned this morning, different instructors seem to have different rules on how flat your feet need to be on the ground when choosing a bike. There has been a class going on at the mall parking lot the last month or so, so when I came back from my grocery shopping this morning I stopped to chat with them. It turns out it is also Motorcycle Ohio, but the one done through nearby Rubber City Harley. Their range is on one part of the lot that never gets used. They both told me that they would have let me ride any of the first 3 I tried, even the one that I would have had to one foot. It also seemed like they go at a slower pace. The woman out of the pair wrote down her name and number for me and told me they would be out for the Ravenna area BRS in late August, or I could pay the extra cash and take it through Rubber City. The bikes they are using are all exactly the same, though I'm not sure what they are. They are black and orange/red and look almost like a sport bike. I've never seen a Harley like it. She did say they are 500cc.

@csmith12 thank you so much for your quick response. I'm going to take a look at my work calendar tomorrow morning and get with you. As long as the dates aren't blacked out for days off, a Sunday/Monday should work for me to get out there.

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.