View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2013, 09:26 AM   #1
jackliu239
ninjette.org member

Name: Jack

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R

High handle bar vibration, hard to get into high RPM, is this normal?

I don't know if this is normal for pregen Ninja 250 or not, I notice that it is really easy to get to RPM from 1k to 7k, but from 7K and up, it is much harder and slower to increase the RPM especially at higher gears of 4 and above. Sometime when I am at 6k RPM, at 5th gear, no matter even if I twist the throttle all the way to max, the RPM at most will increase to 7k, but not anything more, as a result the fastest I have ever gone I think is 60mph, I have not yet take this on freeway yet.

I'm just curious am I doing it wrong? Because I always change gears at around 7k, never above 8k. And when I change a gear up from 7k for example, the RPM usually goes 1.5k lower, after I repeat the step all the way from 1st gear to 4th or 5th I'm mostly at 7k RPM and no matter how much more gas I give it, the RPM seems to be stuck at 7k, and my speed rarely exceeds 55mph.

Also another thing that I notices that after the engine is at 7k and above, the handle bar produces a LOT of vibration to the point that it actually numbs my hand.

Any expert advice is appreciated, I'm just wondering what am I doing wrong here.
jackliu239 is offline   Reply With Quote