View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2019, 10:59 AM   #10
WoodenBiker
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Friday-or-Weather and filters and hoses... Oh my!

Based on the suggestion of a friend--who has worked on more motorcycles that I have and who took the carbs off and cleaned them a couple weeks prior--I ordered replacement diaphragms ($66 for two from eBay) that were to arrive Thursday. The package arrived, but only had one diaphragm in it (quick message to the seller and the second one was shipped, along with an apology).

So Friday was a fun filled day of removing the carburetors, oiling and installing an air filter (wasn't one when I bought the bike), and picking up some fuel line and an inline filter. No diaphragms and no availability of my friend to come by meant the carburetors got to sit on my desk. I was on the fence about opening them up and poking around, or working on other time-sensitive projects while debating whether I should just contact Ducatiman and see about getting my carbs properly cleaned and spec'd. Cue ominous thunder clap from that evening.

The intake ports are covered with plastic and the hose clamps are tightened down--the whole bike is covered as well--so the weather shouldn't do too much while the carbs are off.

Fast forward to today, twenty minutes ago, I'm looking at pictures on ninjette and comparing them to carbs from my bike... something is.... different. Hoses seem.. wrong.

I opened the repair manual and combed through the pictures there.. they match the pictures here, but not my carbs. So I change the hose connections on my carbs. It took maybe thirty seconds. (I took pictures, but no idea how to post them yet.)

I'm on my lunch break. No time to reinstall the carbs today.. maybe this evening. <Fingers crossed>
WoodenBiker is offline   Reply With Quote