View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2016, 02:47 PM   #6983
Mechanikrazy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Thruxton R, R6 450 triple, EX300 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toEleven View Post
Are those the woodcraft ones? I have them on my list as an option; I'd love to get some firsthand feedback. There may not be much to say without crashing them (please dont!), but any comment is better than none in this case.
I just remembered you had posted this a while ago.

The Woodcraft ones were super easy to install. They are a single bolt only. They do not require pulling the tank or anything else, like the other sliders that use brackets to the top two engine mount bolts.

They seem sturdy, and hopefully the smooth surface of the fairing and these behind the fairings will prevent weird torquing on the mount/frame.

If you do get them, know to remove the rubber grommet from the engine mount. The instructions don't explicitly say that.

Also, I don't know how many people own a hex head for a socket wrench that is small enough to fit in the slider tube to crank down on the bolt. I definitely don't. However, once you get the bolt and nut tight enough, you can just use a screwdriver/allen key to rotate the right side slider tube to tighten. Not ideal, but it'll work.

But overall, I feel like they seem worthwhile, and I hope they won't destroy the frame if I get into trouble.
Mechanikrazy is offline   Reply With Quote