View Single Post
Old February 29th, 2020, 04:31 AM   #31
NorthernNinja
ninjette.org member

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

@DannoXYZ I'm not sure if it's been talked about in this thread but i'll post a quote from our PMs to add some context.

"Sitting still in neutral little rev just fine all the way up butt in gear feels like I'm running out of fuel when I get on it if I accelerate very slowly it'll keep up for the most part but then it'll start to cut out as soon as it gets close to the power band."

He's currently still chasing that issue so optimizing power isn't even on the table at this point. I asked him to go WOT and let it bog for a bit then kill it and post the pictures. I had suggested that it was potentially lean in the midrange since he's running pods and a free flowing exhaust, causing it not to rev properly. but those plugs definitely aren't lean, and to me personally it doesn't look like they're rich enough to cause the engine to not rev. I'd expect to see more fouling and even being wet (depending on the time before the picture). But i'm also new to the 500 engine, do you have any ideas or advice?
NorthernNinja is offline   Reply With Quote