View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2018, 11:43 AM   #5
3lementa1
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Thanks for the replies, folks.

Steve--that's what I figured. The ninjette keeps on giving even when you think it's done, but the power just isn't there when it's already maxed out and you still need more.

Jkv45 - thanks for sharing, that definitely helps. The drag on the bags is definitely something I'm considering as well. It's such a small bike that even just my tank and tail bags make a big difference, I think it would be a lot less fun with even more bags.

adouglas - a big ninjette is exactly what I'm looking for lol. I have a pretty big tank bag and a tail bag and I feel really squished between them to be honest. I've done a 3-day trip back from Owen Sound through Manitoulin Island and back to Ottawa, it can definitely be done, but it's just not ideal. I can lean on the bag but when it's full but it actually keeps me above the windscreen so I have access to less protection from the wind. On long trips it's nice to be able to get down into full tuck for a few minutes every hour just to get a break from the wind for a minute. I'd rather have a smaller tank bag and maybe some small saddlebags. The guy who sold me my tail bag had 2 saddlebags to go along with it but they would have covered my turn signals since the 250 is so short.

Thanks again for the responses guys! Makes me feel a bit better about looking for a cheap 650 when I already have a perfectly good (great) bike :P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181113_133028.jpg (199.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181113_133136.jpg (24.7 KB, 2 views)
3lementa1 is offline   Reply With Quote