View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2019, 10:34 PM   #1
coffee_brake
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jenn

Motorcycle(s): Concours 1000, Triumph Trident 900, Bandit 1200, Ninja 300

Stolen and Recovered

The '19 Superbowl was certainly not worth this mess. I had a designated driver to drive me home from the Superbowl party so I didn't take the bike out on Sunday night and it was stolen (and almost immediately crashed) after the would-be thief cut the ignition wires and tried to splice them, but dropped the bike on BOTH SIDES trying to get it into a truck near my house. Both fairings damaged and evidence of a hard drop on both sides, but no evidence the bike was made to run so I assume the thief didn't know how to do the resistor in line to make the bike start.

I've never had anything stolen, never made an insurance claim on a bike or vehicle in my entire licensed driving life of 30 years. I have no idea what to do here.
I'm assuming the bike will be totaled because the fairings/fairing stays are all broken and the handlebars and forks tweaked, and the even the exhaust is rattling.

I'm a bike mechanic on one of my jobs so I'm not scared to replace fairings and do up the wiring, just never dealt with insurance before. Nor do I have any way of knowing how long these punks kept spinning the starter motor trying for a spark that never happened.
I really like the bike, I would like to get it back from insurance cheap and do it back up myself. Yes it will be incredibly pink and sparkly because I never had any pink bike or gear of mine stolen.

Advice? Ideas? I've locked the front wheel to the wall for now in hopes this is enough deterrent for thieves.
coffee_brake is offline   Reply With Quote