View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2019, 10:42 AM   #7
coffee_brake
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jenn

Motorcycle(s): Concours 1000, Triumph Trident 900, Bandit 1200, Ninja 300

Thanks, you're right Triple, the battery was in good shape.

The insurance rep saw the bike today and says they'll total the bike and if the buyback is low I'll keep it.
The rep said I could go ahead and get it running to see if the engine was OK. The wires were cut so close to the ignition switch that I had to solder on extensions, and then just twisted them back to the harness. After disconnecting the battery of course.
It runs fine, started right up, everything works except the turn signals and tail light. I rode it all over the neighborhood with no problem.

I have two wires still hanging from the harness side that don't have a match on the ignition switch side. One is blue, other is orange with green stripe. I'm sure these are the tail light and signals but I don't know where to hook them up. I can't find any more wire stubs left on the ignition switch.

I need a wiring diagram. I don't see that Clymer's makes a manual for this bike (I like paper manuals and prefer Clymers). Are any of the download manuals any good?

Does the fan circuit run through the ignition at all? I'd like to make sure the fan runs since there's no temp gauge.

I'll re-paint the bike and repair the cracked fairings, actually practicing doing graphics dips now, and was intending to dip the Ninja when I have enough skill. Will it be less desirable if it's pink? Or butterflies? I'd prefer unicorns but I can't find any hydrographics with that yet. Laugh if you want. I'm 45, wrench my own and dammit I like sparkly bikes. Seriously, would a thief rather not mess with a hot pink glitter-flake bike?

Lots of questions, especially about getting my hands on a wiring diagram. Thanks for your patience.
coffee_brake is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.