View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2019, 08:22 AM   #218
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
^^ Interesting post. Not very promising for those who don't have decades of riding ahead of us, but interesting anyways.

I guess it depends too on how much risk one's willing to take on each corner. How often do you lay your bike down, @DannoXYZ?

I have fun practicing on the parking lot as well, even if not to useful on the track.
@Topaz,
There is no substitution for experience. I also dont have decades to practice but my goal is not to be world champion. Set a realistic goal for yourself and work towards that at your own pace. Wish I was young enough to race but at nearly 50 there is little hope for that now. I set my goal to be a better and safer rider. I have the rest of my time riding to achieve this goal. Just like most people getting to work the next day is more important that setting world records to me so I have to move forward at baby steps. We both have the good fortune to have the resource of this forum and the great people here to help us achieve our goals. Just ride and enjoy your bike and improve as quickly as your plan allows. I started as a new track rider approx 30 track days ago and I am now just a little below pace to ride with the second fastest group. I hope by the end of next season I will be riding in the Blue group but I am happy with Yellow now!
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote