View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2018, 03:50 PM   #1
Kennylxix
ninjette.org member

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): 92 Ninja 250

08+ Clutch Swap Complete

Just finished swapping the newer style clutch into my 93. This was done to correct the clackety clack noise from degraded cushion bushing things in the old clutch.

Swap was a complete bolt in. The trick I think is to get every single piece between (but not necessarily including ) the washer that sits between the basket and the input shaft bearing and the actuator arm that sits in the clutch cover. This includes needing the newer push rod.

There are a ton of little differences between the two clutches but I don't think anything was changed between the two model as far as the engine case or clutch cover are concerned.

I saw reports of needing to make a spacer to get the clutch to fully disengage but didn't run into that. I think the people experiencing that issue may have been using the old push (actually pull) rod. The original is a bit longer than the new one and would cause problems with actuation.

To recap all I did was swap the entire assembly between the input bearing washer and the clutch cover cam arm thing. Everything aligned perfectly and the clutch is smooth and quiet.

Of course your experience may be different.
Kennylxix is offline   Reply With Quote