Old April 2nd, 2015, 06:36 AM   #23
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreelancerMG View Post
The issue comes as a hearsay though if you try to litigate. The dealership will just blame someone else down the chain and it becomes harder to press charges when the first question from the judge will be "if you saw them using this stuff on the tires, why did you operate the vehicle?"

The other usual issue with this is that most people that get caught with their ass on the ground from this are noobs who don't know any better.
Do you really think that?

"Your honor, you can see me in my neck brace because my neck is broken in 2 places and I can't move my left toe. My loving family took pictures of the wreck along with detailed pictures of the tires. It seems as though there was a substance that was put on the tires when the bike was sitting in the dealership. Also, here are a few pictures of the bike at the dealership the day I purchased it. You can clearly see how wet the tires looked in those pictures.

Your Honor, I am a new rider. I know nothing about motorcycles. I only took one MSF course to get my license and off to the dealership I went. I didn't know they were using any dressing for tires. Had I known, I wouldn't have rode the motorcycle and put myself in danger."

The dealership can blame whoever they want....but it's a business. They have insurance. I don't care if it's the new guy's first day. It is the job of mgmt to properly train someone to do one's job.