View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2009, 06:05 AM   #3
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNroll View Post
If it were fork oil you should be able to see wetness around the leaking fork seal. For piece of mind, I'd look over my fluids and brake components then wash the bike good and not worry about it unless it returns. Looks to me like it slung off the road and into your radiator and some splashed off the radiator and onto the back of your fender.
Thanks.

Well, I definitely rode through something but I took that radiator and fender "edge" shot to show that the gunk on the lower fairing, edge of fender, and radiator are not "ink black" like the drops on the top of it, but that clarity was lost when resizing and combining images. Anyway, because that junk isn't the same color, I think it's unrelated. I checked my brake fluid and engine oil and both seemed high (the oil was hot and went back down when the engine cooled). I looked up and down the forks but I'm not entirely sure where the seal would be for me to inspect it more closely. I figured I see it running down the forks if it was leaking from there. Also, would fork oil be solid black like that?
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote