View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2022, 11:34 AM   #1
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

eScooters with motorcycles?

I remember that “Bikes on Bikes” gallery where there was a seemingly endless parade of pictures featuring bicycles being mounted to and carried on motorcycles. I’m wondering is anyone has done anything like this for folding eScooters.

For security I would like to park my bike in a safe place and scoot for the last mile when I commute to work. I already have a couple eScooters to park my brother’s car at public chargers and getting around. These are the extended range low-end kind that go 19.6MPH (30kph) and claim up to 28 mile range (Segway Ninebot ES4 and Hover-1 Blackhawk). They are dreaming with those range estimates but they work very well for our intended purpose when they aren’t broken down (flats, melted battery connectors, etc)… which is why I got two of them.

Despite this I feel they are a bit too much to strap on while you ride. Nearly 40lbs each. Even something like a Segway Ninebot ES2 without the extra battery would still weigh too much to have shifting around.

I think the best solution would be something like one of those rigid bike racks that sticks out like an extended tail, holding the bicycle in-line with the motorcycle. Perhaps one can be adapted to securely hold one of the heavier scooters I have. I guess the other option is to find something smaller and maybe close to 25lbs considering it doesn’t have to go far. Only kids scooters seem to fit the bill and none are able to carry my weight. I just don’t see why they don’t put the same battery, scooter controller, and motor into something smaller.

I saw a folding backpack “X6” scooter from the same company that makes my Hover-1 Blackhawk (rebranded HX X8) but the specs just don’t work for me. Maybe there’s something better out there. Open to any suggestions.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote