View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:32 PM   #20
aShifty
ninjette.org member

Name: Armin

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Sorry to hear about your crash. It seems that you and the bike came out of it ok though.

My first and only crash was really similar to yours. The shifter bent in exactly the same way.

As for not leaning over too far. I was thinking about this today. Lots and lots of people freak out and stand the bike upright mid turn because they feel they are going to fast. I have realized that it is pretty much always better to lean over further and take the turn instead of braking and standing the bike up. This is my thinking:
* Your bike can probably take the corner faster than you think.
* Standing the bike upright pretty much guarantees you're going to go off the road or perhaps even into on coming traffic
* Even if you do end up low siding instead of making the turn, you probably wont be any worse off than if you stood the bike upright and slammed on the brakes, but at least you have a chance at making the turn.
* If you do make the turn you'll feel amazing!
Ur 100% spot on. The bike defintly can take the corner and the ability of these bikes are tremendous i just did what i always told myself not to do, target fixation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
enter slow exit fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
then again, better advice would be to learn proper technique and get a feel of your bike before you ride backroads in the dark.
I know the technique. i just messed up myself. And yeah backroads at night on a newb rider not the best idea but ive done it before and was fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krolinked View Post
Don't think that because you crashed now, that it won't happen again!
You started off right with a 250 but you got to take baby steps and don't underestimate ANYTHING. Good luck with your riding
You will get the hang of it!
Ur right. I know it can happen again and be a lot worse. Baby steps. thats my problem, i want to take giant leaps .

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcatjames View Post
Wow sorry to hear about the crash. Ever since mines, I've been trolling the crash threads more, and you're situation seems very similar to mine. Doesn't look too bad though. Just pick your head up and keep going at it.
For sure!! Gotta keep riding

in other news. i got my motorcycle license.. or endorsement today. yaaaaaaay.
aShifty is offline   Reply With Quote