Old August 4th, 2012, 11:14 AM   #28
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
Glad you are okay! Don't be too hard on yourself, it was a learning experience and now you know what not to do.

I think the best way to practice is to choose good day conditions (exactly what @Motofool said) and to choose roads that you are very familiar with. I know that when I was first on the road, the roads that I "knew" and drove in a car every day felt very different on a bike. You know it, there's comfort in knowing it, but it's still different ya know? But then add the uncertainty of unknown roads/curves/turns and uber hardness while learning.
I hear ya! Corners feel different, you have road position to think about within your lane and for me, being on my motorcycle feels much quicker than being in a car when travelling at an identical speed. Also: riding my motorcycle is fun! Cars are a bit boring to me. I recently moved house and have a short (40 min) commute in each day. People have asked me how I'm handling the commute and I normally reply "It's like going go-karting before work each day"
akima is offline   Reply With Quote