Old August 4th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #29
Gurk
Done here.

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
Originally Posted by aShifty View Post
What did happen that time?

yeah i know what your saying and i agree with you. Thanks for the advice man. Really set me back down on earth. btw. u got a r6. i love u.

What do you guys say is the best way to practice? just go out on some twisties and keep practicing?
Love you back. lol.

What happened? I got too confident. I was entering the turn at 108mph. Way faster than I ever did. I got scared and hit brakes. Not too much but enough to load the front all the way. Forks had no more in them and front folded and I lowsided. Guess what though it thought me a lot. If I did this on a canyon road, I wouldn't be here typing all this.

Best way to practice is on track. I felt like on my first track day ever, I learned more than I ever could on the street. Sure, twisties might teach you a few things too, but it's not a place to truly learn or find your limits in my opinion. Errors cost you too much in the twisties. On track, you go down. You get up and try again another day. And there's no oncoming traffic to kill you.

Twisties should be leisure rides in my opinion. Just enjoy the weather, scenery, ride at 60% of your limit and have fun. Track is where you push your limits and increase them.

Many canyon heroes who push themselves on twisty public roads who've never been to track would call me a pu$$y and disagree with above statements. But I gave up trying. People die in many ways. It's their choice if they wanna fly off a cliff or get wrapped around a tree.

Gurk is offline   Reply With Quote