Old August 4th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #32
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
Not too long ago I was out joy riding on my bike, then went home and jumped in my car to do some shopping/errands. Got on the expressway and felt I was going slow in the fast lane, having a hard time accelerating, etc.... look down, doing 90. It was a definite "Go car, go! .. oh wait, you are going" moment.
I don't drive a car often. I rented one to move house with some months back and upon returning it, I was convinced enough that I was moving slower in the car than on my bike that I asked the rental people if the speedo was out. They said it was fine. LOL: for a moment my brain actually entertained the idea of lane splitting when I was approaching some stopped cars and spotted a meter-wide gap Thank fully I quickly realized that would be a bad idea.

I do like cars for their cosyness. It's nice being able to step into that safe, warm and dry environment and instantly pull away. Motorcycles are amazing fun, but they don't feel as safe (which is half the excitement) and it takes me about 4 minutes to get geared up.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote